Nursing Home (NOT SO) Top 10 – Fines
Worst Nursing Home Fines
The following are the most severe nursing home fines imposed by the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services over the past three years.
Analysis of the data show that Kentucky and Tennessee made up the majority of the “Top 10 Nursing Home Fines” while the Bluegrass State has the nation’s worst fine overall.
Yet despite the severity of the penalties, only two nursing homes currently sit on the national Special Focus Facility list for “serious quality issues”, Gilmer Nursing and Rehabilitation and Lake Emory Post Acute Care.
- $891,350-Diversicare of Nicholasville (Nicholasville, KY)
- $566,280-Unihealth Post-Acute Care-High Point (Drexel, NC)
- $563,940-Somerwoods Nursing & Rehabilitation Center (Somerset, KY)
- $553,248-Gilmer Nursing And Rehabilitation (Gilmer, TX)
- $550,959-Signature Healthcare At Larkin Springs (Madison, TN)
- $543,596-Golden Living Center (Lancaster, PA)
- $543,303-Kindred Nursing And Rehabilitation (Maryville, TN)
- $532,725-Lake Emory Post Acute Care (Inman, SC)
- $504,335-Center On Aging And Health (Erwin, TN)
- $500,000-Brownsboro Hills Health Care And Rehabilitation Care (Louisville, KY)
For more information, visit http://familiesforbettercare.com.