Families for Better Care, Inc. is a non-profit citizen advocacy group dedicated to creating public awareness of the conditions in our nation’s nursing homes and other long-term care settings and developing effective solutions for improving quality of life and care. We:
- Act as a watchdog of the long-term care continuum on behalf of residents, families and consumers.
- Educate the public about residents’ rights.
- Educate residents, families, consumers, and facility staff about best practices in resident-centered care.
- Advocate for changes in laws and regulations that will strengthen the quality of life and care for residents.
- Collaborate with other citizen advocacy groups, resident and family councils, ombudsmen, and other health care providers and agencies to support quality nursing home care.
- Empower families to advocate for the highest quality care through the creation and operation of effective, independent family councils.
Nursing Home Report Card
Nursing Home Report Card is a Families for Better Care project that analyzes, compares and ranks state’s nursing home quality. Our Report Card’s intent is to advocate for better care for our loved ones.