- AARP: A national member-based organization that helps people age 50 and over have independence, choice and control in ways that benefit society.
- Assisted Living Consumer Alliance: A national collaboration of groups and individuals working to promote consumer safety, choice, and rights in assisted living.
- Association of Health Facility Survey Agencies: National association of state agencies that advocates for quality standards in regulating health care providers.
- Center for Medicare Advocacy: A national, non-profit organization that works to advance fair access to Medicare and to quality health care.
- National Adult Protective Services Association: An organization that improves the quality and availability of protective services for adults with disabilities and older persons who are abused, neglected, or exploited and are unable to protect their own interests.
- National Association of State Long-Term Care Ombudsman Programs: Composed of State Long-Term Care Ombudsmen, this organization represents state programs created by the Older Americans Act to ensure residents receive quality care.
- National Committee for the Prevention of Elder Abuse: An association of researchers, practitioners, educators, and advocates dedicated to protecting the safety, security and dignity of America’s most vulnerable citizens.
- Service Employees International Union: A health care workers union that fights for better wages and jobs.
- The National Consumer Voice for Qualiy Long-Term Care: Formerly NCNHR, a national organization that represents consumers in issues related to long-term care.
State Citizen Advocacy Groups
- Kentuckians for Nursing Home Reform
- CARIE (Center for Advocacy for the Rights and Interests of the Elderly)